Related Links

Monday, August 22, 2011

New job It is not you.... it is me!

LinkedIn Following

  • Group: Job Openings, Job Leads and Job Connections!
  • Subject: It is not you.... it is me!

Kenneth Long (kwlongjr@yahoo.com) posted a job: It is not you.... it is me!

"Dear Economy.... I am sorry to have to tell you this, but things are just not working out between us. It is not you, it is me..... well, maybe some of it is you too! I am sure this comes as a surprise, but all you do is take from me, without ever giving back. I changed my life for you but all I get from you is hardship. You convinced me to start my own consumer product development and consulting company. Remember how you told me I was perfect for that given my extensive hands-on experience with product sourcing, product development, design, licensing, market research, promotional materials, safety testing, quality assurance and logistics. You said my background as an attorney would come in handy when creating safety compliance programs, negotiating licensing contracts, and even classifitying products for import duty, and you were right! Through your encouragement I promoted my abilities to take a product from concept to completion, and you even reminded me how I saved costs and improved efficiencies along the way. You seemed to be impressed that I had worked with most major U.S. retailers and knew their purchasing cycles, vendor requirements and margin expectations. When I mentioned that I worked with major licensors such as Disney, Crayola, Mavel Comics, Universal Studios, National Geographic, Collegiate Licensing Company and others, you lit up!. We had a really good run there for awhie and I enjoyed helping entrepreneurs, inventors and businesses enter new markets, expand their product lines, source manufacturers, promote their products and fulfill orders. But now, I am tired of your ups and downs (especially since your downs are far more prevalent and your ups are few and far between). Clearly you are seeing other people since I know a lot of other people going through the same challenges as I am. You seem evasive and I realy do not know what you want from me anymore, so I just cannot stick with you. Now it is my turn to see what else is out there. I am sure there are those that would appreciate what I can bring to the table. Having honed my skills into a one stop product development shop, able to take a product from the back of a napkin, find a source, negotiate pricing, obtain licensing, implement the appropriate safety protocols, arrange manufacturing, create promotional materisl, support sales efforts, attend trade shows, oversee purchasing and logistics, I have a lot to offer. Ideally, I will be able to find a company that wants to create or expand their product offering, or tackle other markets, but needs an experienced person to lead those efforts. You know that is what I do best. Economy, I hope you get your act together and speaking for everyone out there, I hope you are moving in the right direction. But, I cannot wait for you to get straightened out, so I am putting myself out on the market. In the immortal words of Jennifer Anniston playing Rachel Green on Friends, "that, my friend, is what you call CLOSURE!" Our friend the economy is quite demanding. You need constant innovation, process improvement, cost control and a capable supply chain. If your relationship with this economy is not working out and you need to grow your business or become more competitive in the market, a product line refresh, review or expansion often achieves these goals. I would be happy to offer my assistance in product development, sourcing, supply chain, cost control, logistics, licensing or category management."

Don't want to get activity notifications: Change your following people settings »

Learn more about following people's activity

LinkedIn values your privacy. At no time has LinkedIn made your email address available to any other LinkedIn user without your permission. ©2011, LinkedIn Corporation.

No comments:

Post a Comment